Getting your voice heard:
- Gathering the views of local people, patients, service users, carers and interested groups about health and social care services and making them known.
- Involving local people in the scrutiny, commissioning and provision of local health and social care services.
Getting advice and information:
- Providing advice, information and signposting about health and social care services to support local people to make the best possible choices about their care and support.
- Supporting people who wish to complain about these services.
Ensuring local people can influence how services are planned and delivered locally:
- Healthwatch County Durham has statutory representation on the Health & Wellbeing Board and will represent local people on other key Partnership Boards, Scrutiny Committees and Clinical Commissioning Groups by agreement.
- Healthwatch County Durham will also work closely with key local voluntary and community organisations, networks and forums and will develop collaborative links with GP & NHS Patient and Public Involvement Forums.